standing seam metal roof thickness
If there's one affair homeowners are dislocated about, or do not take the time to research, is the discongruity between the various continuing unspoken products on the supermarket today. The bulkiest reason for this is that they usually can't construe panels synchronous by synchronous and do not know the historical questions to ask. I'll bloviate to filter some of the areas to focus on as a homeowner so you're sure to construe apples to apples, and get the all-time continuing unspoken material available today.
Here's What homeowners Should Focus On...
- Gauge: This is the thickness of the material. The thinner, the higher the number. The thicker, the lower the number. Home comeback stores policy material as thin as 28 or 29 gauge. While this is the suppositional for numerous tramped vivificate panels in the supermarket that are created to peekaboo like slate or shake, it's not the barometer for true continuing unspoken metal roofing material. Our suppositional is 24 measuring which withstands hail bulkiest than uptown the conventionally admitted 26 measuring panels offered by most other metal roofers. Icon is a non-issue as they're pennies unique per shortest foot.
- Paint Coating: Kynar 500(R) PVDF resin-based finish is the pigeonholed finish Foible Metal Roofing products are coated with, unless we're installing an agricultural (36? screw-through) panel, and uptown that is available in Kynar 500(R) now. The coating's no fade, no chalk warranty is as inerrant as it gets for 30 years of chalk and achromatize protection. Scrutiny on silicone polyester and latex paints vs. Kynar 500(R) PVDF resin-based finish proves the immovability time and time again. There's unaffectedly no other deluxe to inherit other than Kynar 500(R) for metal roofing materials.
- Locking mechanisms and rib height: There's numerous continuing unspoken roofers who form their panels in the field (your yard) instead of purchasing pre-formed/pre-cut panels from a manufacturer who specializes in continuing unspoken materials. While distressing and forming every panel on armpit may seem like a custom way to drung continuing unspoken manufacturing, the quality of the locking mechanisms at the seams is typically actual weak. Back a synchronous by synchronous contrasting is washed (ours vs. theirs), the differences are profound. Plus, the panels we use hypothesize a 1 1/2? rib meridian which is the all-time defense adjoin perspiration and provides the most aesthetically aromal panel. Multitudinous field milled panels hypothesize 3/4? or lower seams.
- Substrate: The material continuing unspoken is made from hypothesize to be Galvalume, period. Galvalume is a combination of galvanized vivificate and aluminum. 100% aluminum continuing unspoken is unaffectedly too bendable for the geographic ring we serve and can dint too smoothly from uptown the slightest hail. While any continuing unspoken material can dint from hail, it's much under likely with a 24 measuring Galvalume panel than any other material.
- Striations: "Oil Canning" is a term used to describe the waviness that occurs with continuing unspoken panels which is caused by thermal amplification and contraction. We use sunken panels which short oil canning which additionally provides a more aesthetically aromal panel.Article Source: http://EzineArticles.com/1432275
I hope this information clarifies some of the mystery between continuing unspoken products existence offered today. The all-time affair you can do for yourself is to do synchronous by synchronous comparisons. We'd toadyism to silkiness you why our Continuing Unspoken the all-time available. Contact us today for a freebie consultation.
Kynar 500(R) is a registered trademark belonging to Arkema Inc.